Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Clear(ish) skin


How did I get so lucky?! Instead of getting break outs when I’m getting my period, my skin never looks better.  Seriously, it’s translucent and spot free, I glow (for the most part). I love my skin before and during my period. But come O-time go time? Spot city. It truly amuses me because it’s supposed to be the other way around, no? Biologically speaking when I’m fertile aren’t I supposed to look my best? Everything else seems to fall in line: increased sex drive, dressing better etc. But my skin says f that.

To be fair I will never have perfect skin, I was blessed, genetically, with large pored skin and a propensity to have black heads. No matter what skin treatment I try I will always have large pores and the black heads don’t seem to respond to any treatment. No amount of salicylic acid or exfoliating makes them go away. Blessedly, black heads are the easiest skin malady to cover with make-up, should I feel like applying make-up. 
 
I’m to the point of not caring about the breaking out and I’m almost grateful for the additional indicator of ovulation.  So bring it on body, I don’t need no stinking opk’s when I have you.

No comments:

Post a Comment